In the beginning...
Welcome to Tabletop_Av3ng3r, I am Skyler and this is my blog about Miniature War Gaming. I am seeking to kind of chronicle what I am doing in the War Gaming hobby from painting, to building, and even actually playing the games. This all sounds great, but who am I?
As I said, I am Skyler or Av3ng3r (15 year old gaming handle) and I play miniature games. I got started back in 2009 playing Warhammer 40K 5th Edition. I was playing Necrons then and I am kind of happy to not have any photos of them from that time. It was a truly awful paint job. Over the next few years I would ONLY play various 40K armies. I had Necrons, Blood Angels, and Tau all for short times until I fell in on the Imperial Guard (Astra Militarum) and quickly fell in love with these walking flashlights. Since 2014 I have begun to look into games other than 40K. Not because I don't enjoy it, but because variety is the spice of life. I am now involved in playing several games like Frostgrave, Malifaux, Infinity, Age of Sigmar, and many others.
So, that's a little bit about my hobby history.
What am I looking to accomplish here? That's a great question and I am glad you asked! This blog, as previously touched on is just going to be a space for me to post about what I am working on and what I have finished. 2019 is going to be the year of the hobby for me and I am going to finally take the next step for myself to improve all of my skills. I am a decent painter, but I want to further my skills and explore what I can do to create art in the miniature realm, so expect to see some of that. I will regularly post about my Astra Militarum army that is well over 10,000 points and my progress towards getting it painted. How about I break it down further?
As I said, I am Skyler or Av3ng3r (15 year old gaming handle) and I play miniature games. I got started back in 2009 playing Warhammer 40K 5th Edition. I was playing Necrons then and I am kind of happy to not have any photos of them from that time. It was a truly awful paint job. Over the next few years I would ONLY play various 40K armies. I had Necrons, Blood Angels, and Tau all for short times until I fell in on the Imperial Guard (Astra Militarum) and quickly fell in love with these walking flashlights. Since 2014 I have begun to look into games other than 40K. Not because I don't enjoy it, but because variety is the spice of life. I am now involved in playing several games like Frostgrave, Malifaux, Infinity, Age of Sigmar, and many others.
So, that's a little bit about my hobby history.
What am I looking to accomplish here? That's a great question and I am glad you asked! This blog, as previously touched on is just going to be a space for me to post about what I am working on and what I have finished. 2019 is going to be the year of the hobby for me and I am going to finally take the next step for myself to improve all of my skills. I am a decent painter, but I want to further my skills and explore what I can do to create art in the miniature realm, so expect to see some of that. I will regularly post about my Astra Militarum army that is well over 10,000 points and my progress towards getting it painted. How about I break it down further?
- Stripping my current Astra Militarum army and repainting it with a better scheme and more advanced skills.
- Painting a Protectorate of Menoth army for Warmachine.
- Building and painting a Frostgrave Warband
- Painting Nomads for Infinity
- Painting a Guild Warband for Malifaux
- Building and painting terrain
Those are just a few things that I will be working on this year.
Another big leap that I am going to take is putting my work out on Twitch. There are so many amazing painters on Twitch, but I want to push my skills further and learn more from painting in general. I feel as though this will be a great way to get feedback and let others see what I am working on. It is going to be quite the journey to get started on that and I am really looking forward to it. I will put out an update soon once I get all of that started.
Well, thanks for checking out the very start of my blog and I hope you stick around to follow me through my journey to become a better painter as I also try to play more games. It feels like this hobby is more painting and way less game playing, so I am going to try and make both happen. Wish me luck!
Well, thanks for checking out the very start of my blog and I hope you stick around to follow me through my journey to become a better painter as I also try to play more games. It feels like this hobby is more painting and way less game playing, so I am going to try and make both happen. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment